Other than hats and moccasin slippers, I haven’t gotten any requests from Jack for manly crocheted items. So I was surprised when he requested a pair of tank slippers. He had seen a picture of them somewhere and was intrigued. I found the pattern here:
I made a few modifications. First, the amount of rows for the base seemed off. When I did the specified amount, the slipper was still too short. So I did more rows and adjusted the rest of the pattern accordingly. Also, I used some Bernat Softee Chunky to make a second set of soles and stitched them onto the bottoms of the slippers. I figured that if I was going to put some effort into a pair of slippers, I should add additional protection in the one area that would wear down first. At any rate, they met with Jack’s approval.